His critics write him off as too cautious to succeed.
批评他的人不把他当回事,认为他太过谨慎,不能成事。
He is a man who will spoil rather than accomplish things.
他这个人成事不足,坏事有余.
Once again the measure proved more provocative than effective.
这一措施又是成事不足,败事有余.
I will bring a lawsuit against you, if you ask me any more such aggravating questions.
如果你再出这种成事不足,败事有余的主意的话,我倒要跟你打一场官司.
We need capable and experienced hands. Ideas just don't accomplish themselves.
我们需要有能力和经验的老手, 只有想法并不能成事.
Good to fetch a sick man sorrow and a dead man woe.
成事不足,败事有余.
Translations require equivalence of illocutionary force and perlocutionary effects and English.
翻译要求确保言语行为的施为用意和成事性效果的对等翻译.
Man does what he can , and gods what he will.
谋事在人, 成事在天.
In matters of speculation , however, though " man proposes , " " money disposes. "
可是, 在投机买卖上, 真所谓 谋事 在人,成事在天.
When he set his mind to it, Tim got things done.
如果他用心, 就能办成事.
We need experienced hands. Ideas just don't accomplish themselves.
我们需要有经验的老手, 光有主意并不能成事.
Man proposes , God disposes. Not everything as you would like it to.
成事在天,谋事在人. 并非事事遂心愿.
I do think , however, that tyranny requires an environment of collusion.
但是我也认为, 暴政需要帮凶才能成事.
We need capable and experienced hands, ideas just don't accomplish themselves.
我们需要有经验有能力的老手, 只有想法并不能成事.
He can never make but always break , you can't count on him.
他这人成事不足败事有余, 不能依靠.