We would have thought he would have a more responsible attitude.
我们本以为他会采取更负责的态度。
I had expected her to confess that she only wrote these books for the money.
我本以为她会承认写这些书只是为了钱。
I would have thought if they were looking for redundancies I would be last on the list.
我本以为,要是他们打算裁员,我会是最不可能被裁的人选。
Expecting outrage and imposition, she was relieved to find she felt nothing.
她本以为会遇到粗暴强迫的举动, 现在觉得事情并非如此,倒松了口气.
She had meant to revert to her former condition of important and cultivated uncertainty.
她本以为会回复到原先那种关系:有教养而矜持地不作决定.
I should have thought my offer was reasonable.
我本以为我的报价是合理的.
He thought he debased himse 1 f by physical labour.
他本以为参加体力劳动降低了他的身份.
Adriana: I thought we were going to see the sights.
我本以为我们要去游览风景的!
He arrives on the dot. I was sure hed be late.
他准时到了. 我本以为他会迟到的.
She was cool as a cucumber even right after she was fired.
本以为她被炒鱿鱼之后会非常生气,想不到她却像黄瓜一样平静.
He arrived at 9 on the dot. I thought he'd be late.
他9点准时到了, 我本以为他会迟到.
I thought that it would be easy to babysit there.
我本以为做保姆很容易.
I had assumed that he a Belgian.
我本以为他是比利时人.
I though you would stick to it.
我本以为你会一直坚持下去.
I thought the movie would be very interesting, but it turned out to a letdown.
我本以为那部电影会很好看, 结果是部令人失望的电影.