He expected to catch hell for coming home late.
他因回家晚而准备挨骂.
You will catch it for breaking that vase.
你打破了那花瓶要挨骂了.
You will be hauled over the coals for going out and leaving the door unlocked.
你该挨骂了,出门时不锁门.
" I will take anything, " he said, relieved, and wincing under reproof.
“ 我什么事都愿意做, " 他说, 松了一口气, 缩着头等着挨骂.
He expected no answer and a dull one would have been reproved.
他并不指望听到回答,而且如果回答得笨拙是要挨骂的.
She was scolded for the disorderliness of her room.
她因为她的房间乱七八糟而挨骂.
I hate to see someone raked over the coals.
我讨厌见到别人挨骂.
Lorenz took the rap, and the boss was taking care of him.
洛伦茨挨骂,当替罪羊, 而老板则给他照顾.
Why was I always suffering, always browbeaten, always accused , for ever condemned?
我为什么老受折磨, 老受欺侮, 老挨骂,一辈子也翻不了身 呢 ?
It'seems you can dish it out but you can't take it.
好象你只能骂人而不能挨骂.
Nick was scolded for breaking the window.
尼克因打破窗玻璃而挨骂.
I was afraid of being scolded.
我心里害怕挨骂.
John got a scolding for coming home late.
约翰因回家晚了而挨骂.
He knew he would get that, and much more of the same sort, probably.
他知道他会挨骂的, 而且可能会听到更多类似的骂声.
It did his heart good to hear that sharp - tongued Sixth Treasure get told off in public.
他看着那“辣货”六宝挨骂,倒觉得很高兴.