The one thing I look forward to is going punting in Cambridge.
我期盼的一件事就是在剑桥乘坐平底船畅游。
We were expecting him home again any day now.
我们期盼着他某一天再回家。
For many, their long-awaited homecoming was a bitter disappointment.
对许多人来说,他们期盼已久的还乡之行却令他们大失所望。
Joyce traipsed from one doctor to another, praying that someone would listen.
乔伊丝从一位大夫奔波到另一位那里,期盼着有人会认真听她的话。
I am looking forward to a long and successful partnership with him.
我期盼着能与他建立长期而有成效的合作关系。
I had a burning ambition to become a journalist.
我热切期盼成为一名记者。
Arty sneered at the crowd of eager faces around him.
阿蒂对他身边那些期盼的面孔嗤之以鼻。
I could hardly wait for "Boys" World' to appear each month.
每个月我都翘首期盼着《男孩世界》的出版。
He expects to be out of prison in next to no time.
他期盼着立即出狱。
He knows he's wishing for the impossible.
他清楚他在期盼一件不可能发生的事。
There was an air of expectancy among the waiting crowd.
等待的人群有一种期盼的心情。
children with expectant faces waiting for the fireworks to begin
带着期盼的神情等待烟火表演的孩子们
A swift change is longed for, but unlikely.
人们期盼着更快的变化, 但不太可能.
We look forward to strengthening still further our already close co-operation with the police service.
我们期盼着进一步加强和警方的合作,形成更加紧密的合作关系。
It may be that you will feel the exact opposite of what you expected.
可能你的感觉将和你的期盼刚好相反。