I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。
"Well," he conceded, "I do sometimes mumble a bit."
“嗯,”他承认道,“我有时候说话的确有点吐字不清。”
He faced the press, initially, in a somewhat subdued mood.
他最初面对媒体时情绪有点忧郁。
He was quiet, conscientious, a bit of a plodder.
他做事闷声不响,小心谨慎,有点死气沉沉的。
Somewhat ingenuously, he explains how the crime may be accomplished.
他有点天真地解释了这一罪行可能是如何实施的。
There's something about the way he talks of her that doesn't fit.
他谈论她的样子有点不对劲。
Carol was absent-minded and a little slow on the uptake.
卡萝尔心不在焉,反应有点迟钝。
The light's a bit too harsh. You can turn it off.
灯光有点太刺眼了。你可以把灯关掉。
Not surprisingly, her teacher is getting irritated with her.
毫不奇怪,她的老师有点被她惹恼了。
"Frankly I found it rather frightening." — "A little startling," Mark agreed.
“坦白说我觉得这相当可怕。”——“是有点吓人,”马克表示同意。
Some of those artillery pieces look a little elderly.
那些大炮中有些看起来有点老掉牙了。
He explained somewhat unconvincingly that the company was paying for everything.
他解释说公司会支付一切费用,这个说法有点令人不能信服。
I too found this story a little hard to swallow.
我也觉得这件事有点难以置信。
I'm a bit unsettled tonight. This war thing's upsetting me.
我今晚有点心神不定,这场争斗让我不安。
He was a tall, thin fellow with a slight stoop.
他是个瘦高个儿,有点驼背。